Ingredients for Idli Chutney:
- 1 cup Coriander
- 4-5 Mint leaves
- 2 medium Green Chillies
- 1 tsp Sugar (optional)
- ½ Lemon
- 1 Small piece/ 1 tsp Ginger chopped
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 2-3 Garlic chopped
- 1 small piece of Tamarind
- ½ shell / 1 cup of Grated Coconut
- Salt as per taste
- Water as required for grinding
Preparation of Idli Chutney:
- Take a mixer grinder and add in the Coriander leaves into it.
- Then add in the Mint leaves and Green Chillies in the mixer.
- Next add salt and Tamarind into the mixer.
- Now add in all the chopped Garlic, Onion and Ginger in the mixer.
- Next add in the sugar in the mixer. (This is optional and can be skipped if you need the chutney to be spicy. We have added sugar to balance the taste of the chutney.) 6. Now add in the Grated coconut in the mixer.
- Finally squeeze the lemon in the mixer (Make sure you remove all the seeds and then squeeze the lemon. If you add in the seeds it will give a bitter taste. Hence, remove all the seeds before squeezing the lemon)
- Add a little water( about ½ cup) in the mixer.
- Now cover the mixer grinder with its lid and grind this mixture for 3-4 mins until you get the right consistency of the chutney.
- Check if the chutney is grinded properly and if you have got the right consistency. If not, grind till you have the right consistency.(Do not overgrind).
- Once you have the right consistency, open the mixer lid and pour all the chutney out from the mixer in a bowl.
- Our Chutney is ready to serve.
- Enjoy the chutney with Idli and Dosa.
Checkout Our Idli Recipe