Seviyan, is an Indian sweet dessert made with Seviyan / Vermicelli, ghee, sugar, cardamom and Dry Fruits. Seviyan is a traditional dish made during festivals like Eid, Diwali. Seviyan is one of the most easiest and quickest recipe that can be made for any festival. Follow along and learn how to make Sweet Seviyaan at home for any festival.
- 1 cup Milk
- ¾ cup Sugar (you can modify as per your need)
- ¼ cup Mixed Dry Fruits
- 3 Green Cardamom
- 4 tablespoon of Ghee/Oil
- 250 gm Seviyan / Roasted Vermicelli
- Switch on the gas flame on medium low heat and then place a pan or vessel.
- Let it heat for a minute. Then add the ghee into the pan and let it melt.
- Once the ghee is melted, add in the green cardamom and roast the cardamom in the ghee so that flavour of the cardamom is released in the ghee.
- Then add in the mixed dry fruits and roast the dry fruits until they turn slightly brown in colour.
- Take the roasted vermicelli(seviyan) in a bowl/plate and break them into small pieces/crumbs.
- Now add the Vermicelli pieces into the pan and start mixing it.
- Mix the vermicelli well with the ghee and dry fruits , roast it well for 2 minutes.
- Once the vermicelli is well roasted then add the sugar and mix it well.
- After the sugar is well mixed, we will add in the milk and stir it nicely so that it is mixed properly.
- When everything is well mixed, we will cover the pan with a lid and turn the gas on medium low flame for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes we will open the lid and mix everything well together one more time and then turn off the gas flame.
- Our sweet seviyan is ready to serve.
- Take the seviyan out in a plate/bowl and serve it whilst it's still hot. (Tastes best whilst it's still hot).