Peda or Pera is a traditional Indian sweet dish which is usually prepared in the form of thick, semi-soft pieces. They are circular and flattened in shape. Its main ingredients are milk, khoa(mawa), sugar and traditional flavourings such as cardamom seeds, pistachio, nuts and saffron etc. Its colour varies from a creamy white to a caramel colour. Milk Peda is very easy to make and tastes really good. Do try out this recipe and let us know in the comment section.
Ingredients for Milk Peda:
- 1 litre Milk
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
Preparation of Milk Peda:
- Take a large pan/vessel and add in the milk to this pan/vessel.
- Turn on the gas and place the milk vessel on the gas flame.(Keep the flame high)
- With the help of a flat spoon/ spatula keep stirring the milk mixture slowly until the quantity of the milk reduces till ¼ th.
- Make sure to keep stirring till the bottom of the vessel and scraping the sides while the milk quantity reduces and also so that the milk will not burn.
- Keep stirring more till we get the mawa mixture out of the milk.(You can now keep the flame low)
- Once the milk starts looking like mawa add in the sugar.
- Mix the sugar with this mixture until the sugar is dissolved completely.
- Next add in the cardamom powder and again give it a stir.(Make sure all our ingredients are mixed properly)
- When the milk finally thickens and turns into mawa, turn off the gas flame.
- Let the mixture cool and then remove out the mawa mixture into a plate.
- With the help of your hands, take some amount of mawa mixture and make a round ball and flatten it in the shape of a peda.
- Repeat step 11 with the remaining mawa mixture and make peda's out of it.
- Serve the yummy sweet milk/mawa peda as desert and enjoy.