Raita is an Indian yogurt based dish. Raita is served as a side-dish along with dishes such as biryani, pulav, chicken tandoori etc. Eating Biryani seems incomplete without raita. Raita is made using thick yoghurt with vegetables, spices and coriander is used to garnish it. Some love their raita spicy so they add more of green chillies whereas some love it not so spicy. Raita tastes best when chilled and served.
Ingredients for Raita:
- 2 big size chopped Onion
- 4 medium size chopped Cucumber
- ¼ cup Coriander
- 2 finely chopped Green chillies
- 1 small piece of chopped Ginger
- 1 cup Curd
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tsp sugar
Preparation of Raita:
- Take a mixing bowl and add in the chopped onions and cucumber.
- Then add in the coriander (keep some for garnishing later).
- Next add in the green chillies, ginger, salt and sugar.
- Now with the help of a spoon mix the entire mixture nicely.
- Now add in the curd to the mixture and with the help of a spoon mix the entire mixture nicely.(The curd should be nicely and properly mixed with the vegetables)
- Garnish it with some coriander.
- Our raita is ready. You can store and preserve it in the fridge if you need to use it later.
- Take out the raita in the serving bowl and serve this tasty raita. It is enjoyed best with Biryani.