French toast is a breakfast recipe and can be made quickly on busy mornings. You can add a number of toppings to it like Honey, powdered sugar, chocolate syrup or maple syrup to add additional flavours. All ingredients used here are easily available at home.
Ingredients for Honey French Toast
- 1 Egg
- Salt as per taste
- ¼ cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 left over or fresh soft bread / 6-7 slices of bread
- 1 cup Milk
- Honey (optional)
Preparation of Honey French Toast
- If you are using sliced bread you can skip to step 4.
- If you are using soft bread, take one bread and cut it in exactly 3 halves so as to get 3 slices from 1 bread.
- Repeat the same step 2 with the second bread.
- Take a bowl and break the egg into the bowl and add in a pinch of salt.
- Now with the help of a fork/beater, beat the egg nicely.
- In another bowl, take the milk and add in a pinch of salt and mix it nicely with the help of a spoon.
- Turn on the gas flame and place a tawa/pan on it.
- Add in 2 tsp of butter and let it melt.
- Once the butter starts to melt, take one slice of the bread and dip it in the milk bowl so that the bread soaks the milk then dip it in the beaten egg mixture so that it gets the egg coat.
- When the butter has melted completely, place this bread coated with milk and egg mixture on the pan and let it fry.
- Repeat the same step 10 for all the remaining slices of bread.
- Fry one side of the bread till it turns golden brown and then flip and fry the other side of the bread as well till it turns golden brown.
- Fry all the remaining sides of the bread as well.
- Once all the sides of the bread are fried properly, turn off the flame and take out the fried bread (French toast) in a plate/bowl.
- Sprinkle the powdered sugar on top of the French toast.
- Drizzle some honey for garnishing and taste(optional).
- Our french toast is ready to be served.