Noodle Samosa consists of noodles mixed with different types of healthy vegetables like beans, capsicum, tomato, onion etc along with spices to add flavours and wrapped inside the samosa and then deep/shallow fried on the stove. Samosa is a pastry with savoury filling and represents a bun in the shape of a triangle.
Ingredients for Noodle Samosa
- 2 medium size Onion
- 1 cup Cabbage
- 1 small Capsicum
- 1 cup Carrot
- 1 cup French Beans
- 2 packet boiled Hakka Noodles
- ¼ cup leftover or boiled shredded chicken
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic paste
- ½ tsp Green chilli paste
- 1 tsp Dark soya sauce
- Samosa patti / Samosa Dough Sheets
- 1 tsp Hot and Sweet Tomato Chilli Sauce/ Red chilli sauce
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 3 tsp All purpose flour(Maida)
- Oil for frying
Preparation of Noodle Samosa
- First turn on the gas and place a vessel/pan and add in 4 tsp of oil and heat it for about 10-20 seconds.
- Keep the gas on low flame and add in the ginger garlic paste. (Be careful as the ginger garlic paste when added will start to spill oil out of the pan). Let it heat for 30 seconds.
- Now add in the chopped vegetables (onion, beans, and carrot) and saute it for a minute.
- Now add in the green chilli paste and spices (salt and pepper) and mix it thoroughly with mixture.
- Now add in the chopped capsicum and cabbage and saute it.
- Now add in 4 tablespoon of water and let it cook for 30 seconds.
- Now add in the boiled shredded chicken and saute it.
- Now add in the tomato ketchup, Hot and sweet Tomato Chilli Sauce and soya sauce and saute it nicely.
- Add in the boiled Hakka Noodles and mix it completely and nicely with the mixture.
- Turn off the flame.
Our noodles samosa filling is ready.
- In a bowl add 3 tsp of all purpose flour(maida) and little water.
- The consistency of the slurry should be slightly runny and not too runny.
Your slurry paste is ready
- Take a samosa dough sheet and roll it in the shape of a triangular cone and add the slurry paste to the bottom and all the sides.
- Now add in the filling noodle mixture and wrap up the dough sheet in the form of a samosa.
- Add slurry paste to cover the edges and if required anywhere else to seal the edges and make a samosa shape.
- Repeat the previous steps for all the dough sheets and make samosa out of it.
- Take a pan or tawa and add ¼ cup of oil and let it heat for some time (We will only shallow fry the samosa and not deep fry so we do not need an excess amount of oil).
- Once the oil is hot, add in the samosas one by one.
- Let it fry for some time till the color of the sheets change to light brown and then flip it to the other side.
- Repeat the same process and fry the other side till it changes to golden brown.
- Flip the samosa on the sides as well and make sure they are also fried properly.
- Our samosas are ready.
- Take all the samosas out on a plate and enjoy it with tomato sauce.