As the summer is approaching and having a colorful festival at the same time, what's better than having a tasty Colorful Rainbow Ice Cream to satisfy your cravings!!
Colorful Rainbow Ice Cream is made out of cream, milkmaid, sugar, a few drops of different liquid food colors to make it colorful and a drop of vanilla essence to enhance its taste.
We can make the icecream plain or add in our favorite dry fruits or tutti frutti to make this ice cream more tasty and delicious as per our likings and needs.
Check out MeldWithMe's Colorful Rainbow Ice Cream recipe and try this at your home to satisfy your hunger and make your Holi more colorful.
Ingredients for Colorful Rainbow Ice Cream:
- 750 ml Heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla essence
- 1 tin(400gm) Milkmaid (Condensed Milk)
- ¼ cup Dry fruits or Tutti Frutti (optional)
- 1 tsp of 4-5 different liquid Food colors
- ¼ cup of sugar (optional)
Preparation of Colorful Rainbow Ice Cream:
- Take a large mixing bowl and add the heavy whipping cream in the bowl. (Note: Make sure to freeze your whipping cream in the freezer section overnight and then transfer it in the fridge section 1 hour before using it).
- Place a ice bath below your whipping cream bowl so that the cream remains cool while we are beating it and then with the help of a electric beater or a whisk start beating the whipping cream
- After 2-3 minutes of beating add in the sugar and again beat the cream until the sugar dissolves (This is optional and you may only add the sugar if your whipping cream doesn't have any added sugar present in it from before).
- Next add in the vanilla essence and beat it again for a minute.
- Finally add in the milkmaid (condensed milk) in the whipping cream Bowl and beat it for 2 mins.
- Once the cream is beated nicely, we will divide the cream batter in 4-5 different bowls depending on the number of colors you have or wish to add in the ice cream.
- Once all the cream is separated in different bowls, we will add 3-4 drops of different liquid food coloring in all the different bowls.
- With the help of a spoon we will mix the colors in all the bowls with the cream nicely until we get our desired color.
- Next, take an Ice Cream box or any container and start adding the colored cream in the box/container with the help of a spoon little by little.
- First add 2 spoons of one color then side of it add 2 spoons of the second color then beside it add 2 spoons of the 3rd color and so and so forth for all the colors.
- Once we add the cream and fill the bottom layer with all the colors, we will add our dry fruits or tutti frutti over the layer. (This is optional and can be skipped if you want to have a plain colored Ice Cream).
- Again repeat steps 10 and 11 for another layer of ice cream and dry fruits or tutti frutti's.
- Finally add the last layer as per step 10 and close the ice cream box/ container with its lid.
- Freeze this mixture in the freezer section for 10-12 hours or overnight. (The longer you freeze, the better).
- Then remove your ice cream box/container from the freezer and with the help of a scooper or a knife scoop out your ice cream in a bowl.
- Serve it cold and enjoy the tasty Colorful Rainbow Ice Cream.